• MPS/UPS (£27,596 to £43,348)
• Required September 2019
• Contract: Permanent
Middlesex Learning Partnership is a particularly successful Trust in West London. Our three academies occupy the very top positions in the Hillingdon League tables for outcomes. We are highly collaborative and committed to making a difference to the lives of young people. We have a strong sense of community where staff enjoy rewarding relationships with our conscientious and aspirational students.
At Barnhill our students have achieved academic outcomes in 2018 which place us well within the top 5% of the country with a progress 8 score of +0.66. We are moving rapidly towards our goal of becoming an Outstanding school.
We are looking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic Teacher of Business and Economics to join and strengthen our Business and Enterprise Curriculum Area. Ability to teach Economics at A-Level preferred.
The Business and Enterprise Curriculum Area is one of the largest in the school. It is highly popular as an options subject at Key Stages 4 and 5. There are 5 or 6 classes in each of years 9, 10 and 11, with students studying a mixture of Business Studies GCSE and Tech Enterprise BTec. At Key Stage 5 students study A Levels in Accountancy, Economics, Business Studies, BTec Business and Financial Studies.
Successful candidates will have:
• Enthusiasm and passion for teaching and developing young people
• An engaging and optimistic approach
• High expectations and a belief in the potential of young people to achieve.
In return we will offer you:
• Motivated, hard-working students
• High expectations of behaviour supported by established systems and protocols
• Bespoke, high quality professional development including the Barnhill Middle Leaders Programme and opportunities to take the NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH.
• Accelerated career opportunities for aspirational and talented staff
• An extensive well-being package
• Established partnerships with: Teach First; Challenge Partners; PiXL; London West Alliance
• Opportunities to work across the Trust in different phases.
To apply for this post please click the quick apply link
Closing date: Noon 23 April 2019
Barnhill Community High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that Barnhill Community High reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.