We are seeking to appoint a motivated and ambitious Teacher of Business and Economics to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist Academy. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and inspirational teacher who is passionate about their subject and would love to work as part of a Social Sciences team. Both experienced and Newly Qualified Teachers are encouraged to apply. We would also consider candidates who wish to work part-time. The ability to teach a third subject would be an advantage, but not essential.
The Social Science team (Business, Economics, Sociology and Psychology) plan and teach a curriculum that is both inspiring and engaging. Our fast growing department is passionate about making learning relevant for our students and to prepare them for the challenges of the 21st century. In support of this our links with University College London give us unrivalled access to UCL’s Lecturers, UCL’s resources, and UCL undergraduate students who mentor and tutor our students. We aim to further enrich our students with practical and real-life context activities, including an annual visit to the Houses of Parliament, trips to Berlin and extra-curricular activities including Model UN. We are excited about welcoming ambitious and motivated teachers to join our team on our journey to ‘outstanding’.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden. We pride ourselves on high academic aspirations and a caring and inclusive environment. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology. Our students are able to take advantage of our sponsor University College London’s world class facilities and expertise from their very first school day, and are exposed to university life throughout their Academy career. Staff from both institutions work collaboratively, with those from the university working aspirationally with the academy’s students.
You can also visit www.uclacademy.co.uk for more information on the Academy.
- State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration; theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics;
- Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
- Flexibility in start and finish times, longer holidays and more Academy planning days than normal INSET arrangements;
- A whole school wellbeing strategy and designated Academy Wellbeing Lead;
- An exclusive partnership with UCL where teaching staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources;Suitable IT equipment for all teaching staff;
- A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide.
How to Apply
To apply please request an application pack from Faye Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can contact Faye on 0207 259 8770 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and manages our permanent appointments.
Closing Date: Wednesday 17th April at midday (12pm)
Please note that interviews will take place after the Easter Break, from week commencing 22nd April 2019.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
If you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
The Academy has the right to interview and appoint before the closing date.
c/o The UCL Academy
Adelaide Road, Camden London, NW3 3AQ
T: 020 7259 8770