Salford College’s vision is to be a beacon of educational excellence transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Teacher of Business
Reference Number: SC18199A
Salary: £23,396—£38,748 per annum.
Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Monday 22nd April 2019
Interview Date: W/C 22nd April 2019
Location: Pendleton Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 1.0FTE
An opportunity has arisen for a qualified, enthusiastic and skilled teacher with a proven track record of academic success and achievement to teach Business. The successful applicant must possess the ability to teach students of mixed abilities, many of whom choose to pursue this subject at university.
We are seeking someone with excellent subject knowledge who can demonstrate an ability to combine academic rigour with excellent student achievement. Experience of teaching at A Level is essential and candidates must possess a genuine interest in the subject area. The successful candidate must be student-focused, possess a relevant subject degree and have an appropriate postgraduate qualification. The post is suitable for qualified teachers or NQTs and the successful candidate must be committed to providing pastoral support for all our students.
As a Teacher of Business you will be an inspirational and outstanding practitioner who promotes the highest levels of achievement for all students. As part of a strong curriculum team in a rapidly developing curriculum area, you will focus on increasing recruitment and working towards College and departmental targets to exceed National Benchmarks and achieve ALPS 3 or above.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reasons to Join Us
• Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• A wide range of learning & career opportunities
• MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
• Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
• We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.