The Corsham School Academy Group seeks to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Teacher of Business Studies and Economics to deliver exceptional teaching and learning to our KS4 & KS5 students, and help to deliver improvements in GCSE or equivalent and A Level Business Studies/Economics outcomes. The successful candidate will model excellent practice, have students’ progress at the forefront of their teaching, will lead on curriculum development in their subject specialism and have a willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school. This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional teacher to join us and make a significant contribution to our school.
The ideal candidate will:
• be an outstanding and passionate Business Studies and Economics teacher
• be a professional who is able to work in partnership with parents and other stakeholders
• be experienced in raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment
• have proven experience working successfully with students of all abilities
• be able to show evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning of their subject through schemes of work and extra-curricular activities.
At The Corsham School, we aim to deliver high quality Business Studies courses in KS4 alongside A level courses in Business Studies and Economics as part of a challenging KS4 and 5 curriculum that aims to give our students the best pathways into Higher Education and improved life chances. For the right candidate, there is a possibly of an additional TLR for this role.
The Corsham School is part of a small Multi Academy Trust serving the market town of Corsham and surrounding villages. It is situated in North Wiltshire, on the outskirts of the Cotswolds, 8 miles from Bath and within easy reach of the M4.
The Corsham School is a member of the Leading Edge Partnership and is Transforming in three aspects of the SSAT’s Foundation for Exceptional Education, we have: -
• Enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking students with excellent attitudes to learning
• A caring and supportive department and wider school community
• A commitment to professional development and career progression opportunities.
As part of the remuneration package The Corsham School Academy Group offers excellent Employee Benefits, including a Contributory Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, together with discounts on High Street shopping, Cinema Tickets and Holidays.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply via the application form. A separate letter (no more than 2 sides A4) addressed to the Headteacher should indicate how your qualifications and experience make you a suitable candidate for this post. Please download and complete the Application Form, and return to the school via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11am, Tuesday 23 April 2019.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
The Corsham School Academy Group is committed to safeguarding children and young people.