Teacher of Business Studies with potential TLR for Leader of Business
(MPS + TLR 2a-£2,640 for Leader of Business)
Required for September 2018, we are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, highly motivated & enthusiastic teacher of Business Studies. This position is suitable for both experienced teachers and ambitious NQTs, with a TLR available for the right applicant to take a leading role in developing Business Studies within the school. Therefore, applications are welcomed from both experienced & newly qualified teachers (we offer a full induction programme to NQTs) & visits to the Academy are welcomed.
Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED - March 2016) specialising in Maths, Sport and Performing Arts with the recent inspection stating:
- Relationships between pupils and staff are positive and contribute substantially to the calm and productive learning environment
- Pupils are making very good progress
- Pupils behave well in lessons and around school
We relocated to a new £20.6 million state-of -the-art building in September 2012, giving every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment and the Academy has continued to build on the successes of the last few years and achieved its best ever results at GCSE & A-Level this summer. The Academy is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders & benefits from excellent road and rail links.
The successful candidate will have the ability to deliver high quality teaching across Key Stages 4 and 5 and have a passion for Business Studies, be committed to raising outcomes and be innovative in the classroom. We currently offer Business Studies and Economics to our Key Stage 4 students and A-Level Business Studies in KS5.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork and support, where staff are committed to raising attainment. Business Studies is a key subject in the Academy and an area we are investing in.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a well-qualified teacher of Business Studies with outstanding subject knowledge;
- Be able to inspire students, using their enthusiasm & enjoyment of the subject to ensure all students reach their full potential;
- Possess those interpersonal skills to enable them to work as part of a team to raise standards.
- A state-of-the-art teaching environment with specialist subject classrooms;
- An opportunity to join a well-established & successful department;
- Personalised professional development;
- iPads and laptops are issued to all teaching staff;
- Use of state-of-the-art gymnasium facilities.
Application forms & further information about this post are available from our Website or from Maureen Roberts, Principal’s PA, by telephone or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications: Midday - Wednesday, 21st February 2018
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people & expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of two suitable references & a successful application for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.