Teacher of Chemistry
Salary: Inner London Main Pay Scale
Start date: January/April 2018
The Science department wishes to welcome an enthusiastic and energetic Teacher of Chemistry. This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to develop their expertise and or a newly qualified Teacher. This is a growing department containing a blend of experience and recently qualified teachers. Ours is a department where your innovation and ideas will be valued. There is a strong A Level cohort across all three disciplines.
We are seeking to appoint a colleague who:
- is adaptable and personable and shares in the philosophy and ethos of the department and school
- is hard working and motivated to do what is takes to improve outcomes
- is able to inspire and motivate students on their Science journey through the school
- is always looking to improve their own practice
- has a clear passion for the subject
- enjoys working with pupils of varying abilities and backgrounds
In addition to this, we are seeking:
- A candidate to assist the continued development and evolution of our Science department.
- The ability to inspire and communicate outstanding practice to members of our department
- An ambitious and innovative teacher with the motivation and drive to maintain high standards of teaching within the department
At Acton High School we are in the business of building bright futures, of putting young people in charge of their destinies. We are at the start of a new and exciting journey—a new head is in along with two new deputy heads. We are a truly comprehensive school that has served the community for over 100 years—every year we send students off to the top universities in the country at the same time as welcoming students with no English from all parts of the world. We serve one of the most diverse communities in London and enjoy state of the art buildings and excellent transport connections. Our aim is to be the school of first choice for the local community and to grow our new sixth form—we want nothing less than to be fulfilling the dreams and aspirations of the entire community. We believe the only way to do this is to ensure students secure not just the qualifications but also the skills, values and experiences necessary to take charge of their lives as engaged citizens and leaders of the future.
We have a clear commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to suitable references and the successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) which was formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau. The school follows safer recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable adults. Further information can be found at www.gov.uk
You can download an application pack from our website www.actonhighschool.co.uk. Please email completed applications to Vacancies@actonhigh.ealing.sch.uk
Closing date: Monday 8th January 2018 at 8am
Interviews: Week commencing 15th January 2018
We do not accept CV’s as applications