The Trustees of George Dixon Academy are seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Chemistry to join the Science team from January 2020 .
George Dixon has achieved Academy status due to the exceptional rise in academic performance as recognised by the Department of Education; and was given the judgement of Good in all categories by Ofsted in March 2017. In 2014 and 2015 the Academy received national recognition from David Laws, the Minister of State for schools.
The academy has achieved five consecutive Progress 8 scores between 2015 to 2019.
EBACC progress, which science contributes to, was almost one grade above expectation for all students in 2019.
Science is taught at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5. We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, confident, creative and enthusiastic teacher to contribute fully to the future development of Science. You will be joining an excellent department where there is a large uptake of students choosing to study Biology, Physics and Chemistry at Key Stage 5.
The successful candidate will:
- Raise achievement through motivating, challenging and inspiring our students;
- Teach all sciences at Key Stages 3 and 4;
- Be able to, or aspire to, teach at Key Stage 5;
- Have a commitment to inclusion;
- Help foster a culture of high expectations and achievement within the department;
- Have drive, enthusiasm, resilience, warmth and humour;
- Have opportunities to contribute to the wider life and ethos of the Academy.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to join a supportive staff and work with well-motivated students;
- An innovative curriculum;
- The opportunity to join an aspiring academy with exciting plans for the future;
- A data rich environment focused on raising standards.
We would welcome applications from experienced or newly qualified teachers. Visits to the academy are welcomed and encouraged. Should you wish to visit, please contact Abigail Deutsch email@example.com (Senior Teacher).
For a full job description, person specification and application pack, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education on
T: 0121 236 4476
Closing date for applications: Friday 4th October 2019.
George Dixon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
George Dixon Academy is an equal opportunity employer.