We have great opportunity based at The Bedford Sixth Form for a Teacher of Classical Civilisation & additional A-Level Subject to become a key member of our Bedford Sixth Form teaching department, it would be advantageous if the second subject was Philosophy.
As a Teacher of Classical Civilisation & additional A-Level Subject, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Helping students develop their skills and reach their maximum potential through the delivery of courses and contributing to the development of Sixth Form curriculum and student experience.
- Undertaking an agreed teaching commitment that develops students' knowledge, skills and understanding.
- Being pro-active and involved in curriculum development within the department.
Our ideal candidates will have current experience of teaching A Level Classical Civilisation and at least one other A-level subject and up to date knowledge of subject area, syllabus, and teaching methods, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Certificate in Education or equivalent in line with the Statutory Instrument
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-Cor equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford Sixth Form, part of The Bedford College Group is the only institution in Bedford solely dedicated to sixth form choices –providing A-Level and Diplomas to full-time students.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form,Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type - The Bedford Sixth Form
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 39 weeks per year
- 55 holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Preferably we are targeting candidates who are available to commence employment in September, however we will consider applications where candidates are only able to commence employment in January.
Interviews will beheld on either 4 or 5 July 2019.