The Directors of the Gardener Schools Group have established Maida Vale School in the conviction that there exists an opportunity for a different kind of independent secondary school in London - academically demanding but with a modern approach to selection criteria, the flexibility of the curriculum and recognition of creativity and talent. We are now looking to appoint a teacher of Computer Science.
If you are an enthusiastic and imaginative practitioner, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help establish a modern and pioneering Computer Science Department in a School which is seeking to be a front runner in educational practice in London. This role is an opportunity to develop into the School’s Head of Computer Science for the right candidate. We expect the role to be 0.8 FTE from September 2021 and full time from September 2022.
Requirements for the position:
- A good degree in an appropriate subject and a recognised teaching qualification
- Demonstrate the capacity to develop and build a vibrant and successful subject
- Experience of teaching Computer Science to A Level and the ability to teach an additional subject to Key Stage 3
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage staff, parent and pupil relationships at teacher level
- The ability to develop and implement a subject development plan
- A willingness to contribute to teaching and learning initiatives
- A willingness to participate in the wider life and development of the school showing commitment to the ethos of the school and flexibility in achieving its aims
The school is committed to staff development. All staff will be encouraged to attend INSET courses and will be provided with ample professional development opportunities.
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have. Maida Vale School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful candidates must be willing to undergo full screening in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education, including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Issues relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils will be explored at interview.
Applications must be made on the School’s application form, which may be obtained from the School website via the Apply button. Please submit a completed application form together with supporting letter of application and details of two referees. One referee should be able to comment on your teaching skills, and one from your current or most recent employer. References will be taken prior to interview. You must provide original documents as proof of identity at interview.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Mr Steven Winter, Headmaster, Maida Vale School, 18 Saltram Crescent, London, W9 3HR.
Closing date: Midday on 1st February 2021
Suitable applicants will be contacted by telephone and invited to attend an interview week beginning 8th February.
Maida Vale School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years