Teacher of Computer Science/Design Technology and Innovation
Commencing: 16 August 2021
Applications are invited from well qualified and highly motivated colleagues with a minimum of two years full time teaching experience in high achieving schools who can demonstrate a proven record of outstanding teaching and learning and secure understanding of the National Curriculum, GCSE/IGCSE and A level/IB Diploma.
Applicants are expected to be working in a high attaining school and have experience of teaching Computer Science to KS4 (I)GCSE, Design Technology to KS3 and Innovation to KS3.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:-
• An innovative and creative approach to providing an outstanding education beyond the National Curriculum
• The ability to inspire, challenge, support and empower students and colleagues towards excellence
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish good working relationships across the school community
• Excellent communication in English (written and spoken) and presentation skills
• Commitment to a Foundation to Year 13 school philosophy with the highest levels of pastoral care
• An understanding of the importance of continuing and enhancing the strong links already in place with Preparatory/Senior colleagues to ensure a seamless curriculum and transition from Preparatory to Senior.
Recent UK experience and knowledge of UK independent sector schools is desirable but not essential.
Kellett School has its own salary scale; HK$40,000 – HK$78,000 per month less Mandatory Provident Fund contributions (MPF, currently HK$1,500, per month)
Additional benefits include:
• 22% end of contract gratuity (less employers MPF contributions)
• Comprehensive medical scheme; currently provided by April HK.
• Relocation package including one month’s room only accommodation
• Interest free loan on arrival, equivalent to one month’s salary;
repayable in ten equal instalments to cover initial expenses
• Interest free loan to cover rental deposit; repayable from gratuity
• School fee remission (at the level agreed currently) for eligible
• A comprehensive school induction programme is offered to all new
colleagues, extending to a Hong Kong familiarisation for those joining
The post is normally offered on a two-year initial contract, renewable on an annual basis by mutual agreement and subject to performance. Full employment terms, conditions and job descriptions will be sent to all shortlisted candidates.
Please note we require the contact details of three referees, one of whom must be your current Head. Referees will be contacted prior to interview.
Applications close: 28 February 2021 (12.00pm GMT)
Kellett School reserves the right to appoint to this position at any time during the recruitment process.
Applicants, who have not been contacted by 30 April 2021, can assume that on this occasion they have been unsuccessful and are sincerely thanked by the Association for their interest.
Personal data is being collected for Human Resources purposes, including assessing your suitability for the post for which you are applying. The data will be used by Kellett School and the Board of Governors. If you wish to access any personal data held by Kellett School, please contact the HR Manager. If your application is unsuccessful the personal data you supply will be retained for one year, at the end of which time it will be destroyed.
Kellett School is an equal opportunity employer and as such treats all job applicants and staff with equal respect free from unjustifiable discrimination. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Kellett School - The British International School in Hong Kong is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Kellett School (Kowloon Bay Prep and Senior)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years
Kellett School, the British International School in Hong Kong, established in 1976, offers an exceptional education comparable to prominent independent schools in the UK. We are proud to be one of Hong Kong’s leading international schools, a reputati...