To commence September 2019
If you are a talented, highly motivated practitioner with the ability and enthusiasm to deliver innovative and enjoyable lessons to students we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone to join a small team passionate about their subject, and in return for your hard work and commitment we offer exceptional support and training, and the rewards that come with teaching students who really want to learn. Examination results for Computer Science are well above national averages and are expected to continue on an upward trend. In summer 2018, 100% of the Year 11 cohort achieved grades 9 – 4 in Computer Science, with 9 students receiving grades 9 - 7.
Hinchley Wood is an inclusive, high achieving and highly sought after school with 1,300 students on roll including 240 in our 6th form. Located on the borders of SW London, we pride ourselves on celebrating student progress and development as well as academic achievement. In 2018 our Progress 8 score of +0.90 put us in the top 5% of schools nationally, and we are in the 100 top performing schools in England and Wales in terms of the progress our students make between the end of Key Stage 2 and their GCSEs. Our 6th Form value added score of +0.39 also puts us in the top 100 schools nationally.
The role is suitable for either a newly qualified teacher or an experienced practitioner. We offer:
- a competitive salary (London Fringe Pay Scale);
- two week Autumn half term and a minimum two week break over the Christmas period;
- Friday afternoon non-contact time;
- priority admissions criteria for children of staff (see application pack);
- interest free travel/relocation loan;
- on site gym; and
- professional development support and an extensive CPD programme.
If you are an NQT, joining Hinchley Wood School would be an excellent start to your teaching career with benefits including:
• An established and extensive NQT programme;
• Support and expertise of departmental mentors;
• A tailor-made whole school professional development programme;
• Support network of other NQTs across subject areas;
• Mid-year residential opportunity; and
• A two week paid induction during July.
We welcome pre-application visits or expressions of interest, please contact us on 020 8398 7161 or during the school Easter closure (8-22 April) via email: email@example.com Application packs are available here or from our website: http://www.hinchleywoodschool.co.uk/243/vacancies
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 23rd April 2019 (9am)
Interviews are planned for Monday 29th April 2019.
Hinchley Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position advertised is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.