We are a forward-thinking Academy based in Weston-super-Mare, providing education to 600 students at KS3/KS4. Our pupils are excited to learn, are real ambassadors for our diverse community and benefit from a hugely positive and supportive learning environment.
We are part of the Cabot Learning Federation (CLF) which is is one of only 30 National Maths Hubs and is the largest non-diocesan academy group in the South West. The CLF currently sponsors 16 academies including Secondary Schools, Primaries and a studio school catering for students aged 14 to 19.
Required from September 2018 (an earlier start date can be agreed by negotiation), an excellent classroom practitioner with a genuine passion for Computer Science and the ability to both motivate and inspire interest in this subject in order to achieve outstanding student attainment.
We wish to appoint a motivated classroom practitioner who will take responsibility for:
- the learning of allocated groups of students - planning, delivering, facilitating and assessing their learning;
- your professional learning and development by taking part in the Academy performance management process and attending INSET and CPD sessions as required;
- for a learning family (with the support of the College Leader), supporting students through academic mentoring and PSHE sessions and on Learning Review days as required and contributing to enrichment activities within the Academy.
To be successful, you will:
- be a highly committed professional;
- have a high level of emotional intelligence;
- be keen to create something unique and move beyond expectations in learning for life
- share our passion to deliver an outstanding student experience
- have the ability to deliver outstanding results
- be an excellent communicator;
- be innovative, creative and flexible in your approach to achieve the best results.
In return, the CLF will provide you with a hugely positive and supportive learning environment; and the opportunity to participate in both Academy and pan-federation professional development from a wide network of high quality education professionals.
To apply, visit our careers page where you can find out more.
Closing date: Midnight on Tuesday, 19th June 2018.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health and right to work in the UK. The checks will also include an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.