Required for September 2018, an exciting opportunity exists for an able, inspiring and innovative candidate who is able to teach Computing and ICT at all key stages, including A level. The ICT faculty is a successful faculty with large numbers of students following a variety of courses in ICT and Computing.
A teaching and learning point is available for a candidate with sufficient experience and skills to take on a faculty responsibility role.
Leventhorpe is a Business and Enterprise Academy that in 2012 was judged by Ofsted as “Outstanding in all 5 categories”. In June 2012 we were awarded National Support School status and we jointly lead the local Teaching School Alliance. This facilitates outstanding career development opportunities as many of our staff have the opportunity to take part in school to school outreach and partnership work.
The successful candidate will:
• have a passion for teaching and learning
• have excellent subject knowledge
• be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
• have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students
• be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress.
In return Leventhorpe can provide:
• excellent facilities. In recent years Leventhorpe has experienced an intensive capital build programme, including most recently a £6 million new sports complex (sports hall, fitness suite, dance studio, all weather pitch and floodlit tennis courts), £1 million Learning Resource Centre, re-modelling of Design & Technology facilities, £150k annual investment in ICT provision. To accommodate our expanding roll a further £7M investment is plan to build a to include a new state of the art, performing arts block alongside a brand new science and sixth form block
• a positive working environment in a heavily oversubscribed school with an excellent academic record and high standards. We place strong emphasis on student learning and achievement
• exceptionally dedicated colleagues and enthusiastic students
• priority admission for children of staff after a qualifying period
• first rate personal career development with high local and regional profile through our National Support School status and Teaching School work
• subsidised Nuffield fitness gym membership
Leventhorpe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for all successful applicants.
We would welcome applications from NQTs or experienced teachers. Please apply to The HR Manager by letter and application form which can be found on our website. Applications can be sent by post, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12.00noon Thursday, 22nd March 2018.
Interview date will take place the following week.