Retford Oaks Academy is looking for an inspirational Teacher of Computing/IT from June 2021 to cover maternity leave. An ability to teach engaging and challenging lessons to enable students of all abilities to develop a passion for the subject and to reach their potential is essential.
Job Title: Teacher of Computing/IT
Salary: MPS / UPS
Start date: 07 June 2021 - Fixed Term Mat Cover
Hours of work: Full time. Part time hours will be considered
Closing Date: 18 April 2021
This post would suit either a new entrant to the profession or an experienced teacher. We would welcome a teacher returning to work after a career break and will consider flexible working where possible.
The ideal candidate will:
- be an excellent teacher and a committed team player
- have a proven track record of success and raising student attainment
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of students
- be committed to Retford Oaks Academy's ethos and values
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- full support and induction
- a strong and caring ethos among staff and students
- excellent CPD opportunities
- networking opportunities across the Diverse Academies
- salary sacrifice schemes
Retford Oaks is an Ofsted good-rated academy with a dedication to excellence and place extremely high expectations on students and staff. We know that our staff team are our greatest resource. Therefore, we invest heavily in them and we know that this has helped us to develop our stable, supportive and high performing team. We know that we have a lot to offer someone who wants to feel respected and appreciated as an expert in their field.
We have an open door policy, so if you would like to come and see our academy in action, we would be more than happy to welcome you and show you what makes us ‘Oaks and Proud’. Please contact Claire Rank, Business Manager at email@example.com for more information.
Please include the following:
- Why this post is of interest to you, how you have prepared for this post and how it fits in with your career progression plans
- Experience relevant to the post to include teaching and learning styles and cross curricular work
- How you would make a significant contribution to the raising of attainment in Computing and IT
- What you see as the most exciting challenge of the post
Diverse Academies and its Governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in their care and expects everybody working for the organisation to share this commitment. To this end we actively seek DBS enhanced clearance check for everybody that is employed by us.
Retford Oaks Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years