An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, dynamic, motivated and able Teacher of Computing to join our enthusiastic, forward thinking Computing department.
The role will support a very successful computing department who achieve excellent results. Last year, our CiDA (Level 2) pupils achieved 100% A*-C grades with 45% gaining A* and A grades. The Progress 8 score for CiDA with Game Making was +1.29.
76% of pupils gained A*-C grades in their GCSE ICT qualification with 14% gaining A* and A grades.
59% of pupils gained 4+ grades in their GCSE Computer Science (1-9) with 27% gaining the highest 7+ grades.
We are looking for an excellent practitioner to deliver outstanding lessons and curriculum, raising academic achievement and ensuring all pupils make outstanding progress.
You will be:
• Able to have a positive impact on the progress of the pupils that are directly taught by you.
• Able to inspire pupils of all abilities to have high aspirations and achieve their potential at KS3 and KS4.
• Able to generate ideas and drive initiatives.
• Able to support the subject leader by contributing to the strategic development of the department.
• Able to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Able to share your practice in a constructive and collaborative way.
• Able to implement intervention strategies so that no pupil is left behind.
You will have:
• A proven track record of success at KS3 and KS4.
• A passion for Computing and Computer Science and an ability to make the subject come to life.
• A desire to be the best you can be - to always improve and do things better.
• High expectations for all pupils.
• An ability to build positive relationships with pupils, parents, staff and governors.
• An ability to deliver consistently good and outstanding lessons.
• A commitment to Castleford Academy’s vision and values.
This post would be suitable for an outstanding NQT who is looking for an excellent starting ground within a highly supportive environment or an established teacher seeking to further develop their career.
Castleford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.