We are looking for a well-qualified, committed and enthusiastic Teacher of Computing to join our successful 11-18 comprehensive school. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and well qualified teacher to join a strong and successful International and Innovation Faculty. Applications are welcome from NQTs or experienced teachers. Visits to the school are welcome, by prior arrangement.
· Qualified Teacher Status
· Ability to teach KS3, KS4 and KS5
· Effective behaviour management
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Knowledge of planning, assessment and record-keeping
· Commitment to further training and development
· Conscientious, enthusiastic and positive
· The ability to relate well to students, staff and parents
· Willingness and ability to be an effective tutor
· Ability to teach KS5
· Willingness to teach PSHE
· Willingness to contribute to extra-curricular activities
· Evidence of improving practice by identifying and meeting CPD needs
The Henry Box School is committed to promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, satisfactory references and other relevant pre-employment checks.
The school was inspected by Ofsted in November 2017 and was judged as ‘good’ in every category. The GCSE examination results in 2018 were good, with excellent ‘A’ Level results.
At The Henry Box School, we are fortunate to have fantastic staff, both teaching and support, experienced and supportive governors, and students who have positive attitudes and are keen to learn. Students and staff enjoy respectful relationships, and above all we are a very happy school.
Professional Development is central to our work and we offer opportunities and support for all staff to develop their skills. From our excellent NQT programme through to our ‘Future Leader’ programme, we are committed to recruiting and retaining the best. Being the lead school in our multi academy trust, we can also offer the opportunity for colleagues to develop their careers beyond one school if this is their area of interest.
If you are interested in working in a forward thinking organisation, then Henry Box could well be the place for you. For more information please see the attached recruitment pack.
For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the School please contact the HR Manager, Abigal Muchecheti on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01993 848166.