Teacher of Dance (KS3, KS4 and KS5) and Drama (KS3)
Start date: January 2019 - maternity cover for one year in the first instance
The Lutterworth Academies Trust is a small Multi Academy Trust comprising two schools: Lutterworth College and Sir Frank Whittle Studio School. We aim to recruit outstanding people. For this reason, we try to articulate clearly our vision, values and expectations when putting together information for applicants and we always give a lot of attention to appointing the right person.
We are looking for an excellent teacher of Dance who can also deliver some Drama to KS3 to work with us for one year in the first instance.
We aim to recruit staff who:
- Are excited by their role and by the prospect of working with young people;
- Love the processes of teaching and learning and are keen to continually develop their own skills;
- Recognise that teaching can be a demanding job and react positively to those demands;
- Will subscribe to the ethos of the Trust and ‘go the extra mile’ in terms of time and commitment to get the very best from our students;
- Take every opportunity, in and out of the classroom, to talk to students, model expected behaviours and build positive student/teacher relationships;
- Are quick to praise and slow to criticise; and
- Are not afraid to admit to seeing themselves as potential leaders of the future.
With the role of Head of Faculty, we have a particular interest in recruiting an outstanding teacher who:
- Can inspire and motivate a talented team;
- Is able to juggle the demands of leadership with a teaching timetable;
- Can build on the rapid improvements made in the faculty over the past three years.
If you would like to know more about this vacancy, or about the Trust itself, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We would love to give you a tour, or to put you in touch with the acting faculty leader who will be more than happy to give you a call to discuss the role. Email Stewart Shovlin firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or to submit your application.
You can find out more information on our website here: http://www.lutterworthcollege.com/Vacancies/Teaching-Staff/
Closing date: Wednesday 17th October at midday
Interviews: Tuesday 23rd October
The Lutterworth Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of appointment will be conditional upon employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure, satisfactory references and evidence of your right to work in the UK.