Plus some KS3 Drama and Music - Graham School Scarborough
Temporary to cover maternity leave
Location: Graham School, Scarborough
Start date: March 2021
‘There are no great schools without great teachers’
‘Come and Grow your career at Graham School’
Graham School is an 11-16 school situated in Scarborough, which has just over 1000 students on roll. Scarborough is easily accessible and whilst many of our current staff are local, many also travel from York, Hull, Driffield and the surrounding areas.
We are a proud member of the Hope Learning Trust family of schools along with our coastal partner George Pindar School. As our new teaching colleague you will join a staff body that includes NQT’S, RQT’S and experienced professionals, who with the tailored support from our Trust are making Graham a school our community can be proud of.
We are inclusive school with a healthy intake in Year 7 and we have the highest aspiration for our students to achieve their very best and grow both as individuals and as members of their community. The development of the whole child forms an integral part of our vision; we want the best for every student at Graham School irrespective of their background. We value honesty, high expectations and aspirations, resilience and we work together as #Team Graham.
We are looking to appoint a talented Teacher of Dance to join our Arts and Wellbeing Faculty to cover maternity cover from March 2021. Dance is an important part of our creative curriculum offer at Graham, and we currently offer the BTEC Technical Award for Performing Arts at KS4 and a tailored curriculum at KS3.
Due to curriculum need you will also teach some KS3 Drama/Music alongside teaching Dance up to BTEC Level 2
We are proud to be one of the few schools across the area that offers Dance at KS3 and KS4. Our improving results at KS4, and active involvement in the Rock Challenge are testament to our talented students.
We welcome interest from colleagues at all levels. Experienced colleagues and those in early career stages are welcome to apply, what is important is the ability to enthuse children with your passion for Dance.
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
• An opportunity to join an Arts and Wellbeing team which has seen positive uplifts in 2020
• Trust specific NQT/RQT programmes
• Tailored coaching programmes within our supportive and nurturing network – e.g. 3D coaching focusing on your ongoing teaching and learning
• Ongoing access to our NPQML/NPQSL professional programmes
• School to school support (SLE) external opportunities
• Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children.
• A high level of support from staff and colleagues within the Hope Learning Trust
• Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Trust Board.
• Improving schools which support pupils to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
• A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT.
We are proud to be a coastal partner along with our fellow 8 secondary schools and we believe we have a unique opportunity for colleagues to grow, develop and thrive in their career as part of our coastal community. For more information on our Coastal Offer, Coastal Charter and how you can make a difference by teaching on the Yorkshire Coast please visit www.teachyc.co.uk
The date of commencement for this post will be March 2021 and the closing date for all applications is Monday 25th January 2021.
For an informal conversation and further details please contact James Annetts at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01609 534939 / 07966 26 1249.
Application details are also available from our school website (under vacancies)
Completed applications should be submitted by email to James.
Sadly we can’t accommodate school visits at the moment. To get a feel for our school you are welcome to view our video at https://grahamschool.org/virtual-open-evening/
Virtual Interviews will take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance satisfactory references and right to work checks.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of age 11 - 16 years