King's College, The British School of Alicante, one of the most sought after British Schools in Spain, is seeking to appoint an inspiring, committed and passionate professional to teach Dance and to contribute to sustaining the “outstanding in every category” outcome as assessed by BSO in our last inspection report. The position is advertised for an August 2021 start.
King’s College Alicante is proud to now be part of the Inspired Education Group of schools, incorporating over 60 schools across the globe. Inspired is dedicated to providing outstanding academic, sporting and creative opportunities to all pupils and has forged partnerships with major global players including Berklee College and Crimson Education. This is an exciting time to join our school as it undergoes a new phase in its development under Inspired’s leadership.
If you are passionate about working with enthusiastic children, teaching mixed attainment groups and see no ceiling on each individual’s learning, then we’d love to hear from you! An eagerness to contribute to the wider life of the College is essential.
This position IS SUITABLE for NQTs.
King’s College Alicante, Secondary School
King’s College Alicante was founded almost twenty years ago and quickly became the most sought after and successful school in the area.
As part of the King’s Group of schools (now Inspired Education Group), founded by our then Chairman, Sir Roger Fry in Madrid in 1969, King’s College Alicante offers a flourishing, friendly and rewarding school community, a committed and passionate leadership and teaching team and the support and benefits being part of a group inevitably brings. Visitors to the College comment, without fail, on the family feel of the school and the outstanding relationships enjoyed between staff and pupils. Expectations of teachers are high but the rewards are many, not least of which is the opportunity to work with some of the most delightful, enthusiastic and dedicated pupils you will ever have met in your career.
The School in Brief:
- Over 1100 pupils aged from 2-18
- Four form entry throughout the Secondary School
- Modern, purpose-built premises just minutes by car from the centre of Alicante and only 10 minutes from the airport
- All pupils in Secondary use their own Chromebooks and we are proud to be the first British School in Spain to be awarded Google Reference School status
- Excellent (I)GCSE and A Level results, well above UK national averages and in the top 200 UK schools
- Member of AOBSO, ISC and NABSS
- Achieved ´Excellent in Every Category´ rating from PENTA (2019)
- Excellent CPD provision and potential for career development and advancement.
The ideal candidate will:
- be an inspiring, creative and passionate teacher whose practice is rooted in Quality First Teaching and will share our belief in the importance of supporting and developing the whole child;
- share a belief in Inspired’s approach to education where academic performance, sporting opportunities and creative arts are given equal status throughout the child’s school experience;
- have experience of successfully teaching Dance from Reception to GCSE level and will be able to demonstrate the value they have added to the outcomes of pupils under their care;
- provide opportunities for extending pupils’ educational experience outside of the school timetable, such as Performances, Enrichment and Extracurricular, and foster pupil participation in such activities
- be excited to also contribute to the teaching of Drama and some PE across EYFS and KS1-3;
- be a firm believer in mixed attainment groupings and the importance of stretch and challenge for all learners;
- be excited by the prospect of working for a school judged under the BSO framework to be “outstanding in all areas” and explain what they can bring to that environment.
- be committed to working collaboratively with pupils, parents and peers to achieve the best pupil outcomes possible;
- be able to adapt teaching methods to support and drive the progress of pupils whose first language may not be English;
- be a dedicated team player, with a “can-do” attitude who contributes positively to the general working environment and possesses an eagerness to contribute to the wider life of the school including enrichment and extracurricular activities;
- be a reflective practitioner with a keen interest in their own personal and professional development and possess an enthusiasm for participating in CPD and peer learning opportunities;
- be a fluent English speaker and demonstrate highly articulate spoken, written & technical language;
- share our strong pastoral ethos and be able to demonstrate a commitment to pastoral care and the crucial role all staff play in developing the “whole” child;
- support the King’s Group Digital Learning programme by being a Google Certified Educator, or be willing to become one within the first twelve months of employment.
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join the teaching team at a King's Group School in Spain, please send an up-to-date CV along with a covering letter of no more than two sides of A4 to KCAHead@kingsgroup.org
The closing date for applications is April 12th 2021 at 9am (Spain time) although we reserve the right to appoint earlier should an exceptional candidate be identified.
First-round telephone or online interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on a date to be confirmed. Should an exceptional candidate be identified we reserve the right to appoint at any stage in the process.
To find out more about King’s Group, please visit http://kingsgroup.org/
King's Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to undertake all appropriate checks to ensure the safeguarding of our pupils. As the first international school to be approved to support newly qualified colleagues almost a decade ago, we are delighted to consider applicants needing to complete their Induction period for some positions.
British School of Alicante S.L., is responsible for processing the personal data provided by you and informs you that these data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of current legislation on the protection of personal data, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the Organic Law on the Protection of Personal Data.
The purpose of the processing of the data provided by you (CV, cover letter, etc.) is to participate in selection processes that we carry out at British School of Alicante S.L. Once the process is finished, and in case you are not selected, we will keep your file for future selection processes.
You have the right to access, rectify and delete the data, as well as other rights over your data, by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
King's College, The British School of Alicante
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years