Chorlton High School seeks to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated, qualified teacher of Design and Technology to join this popular and oversubscribed school. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about teaching Design and Technology. Ideally we are looking to build upon our curriculum staffing with an additional member of the team who can teach with it Design and Technology (and possibly Graphics) to join us for the next academic year.
The successful candidate will:
• have a passion for teaching and learning,
• be an innovative and strategic thinker with vision and ideas,
• be an excellent practitioner,
• lead by example and act as a strong role model to students,
• have a positive, can do attitude with staff and students,
• be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills,
• be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school,
• have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students and staff,
• be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress.
• a friendly and supportive team of teachers and support staff,
• a professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment,
• a commitment to professional development, including an excellent NQT induction programme,
• outstanding facilities in all curriculum areas,
• shared resources and experience from all members of the Prospere Trust,
• exciting ongoing CPD programme of events and training,
• cycle to work scheme,
• childcare vouchers,
• BUPA Health Cash Plan,
• Teachers and Support Staff Pension Schemes.
Chorlton High School is located within a vibrant community in south Manchester. We have quick and easy access to tram and bus links, as well as the motorway networks.
At Chorlton High School our aim is simple - to provide an outstanding school for the local community that provides the very best educational opportunities for the students in our care, irrespective of their ability or background. We have been recognised by the DfE as one of the top 100 schools nationally for sustained improvement and are a strategic partner in the Manchester Teaching School Alliance.
The Prospere Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance
Applications to be posted to Mrs A Meehan, Chorlton High School, Nell Lane, Chorlton, Manchester M21 7SL or alternatively email a signed copy to firstname.lastname@example.org