Notting Hill & Ealing High School, one of London’s leading independent girls’ day schools, has an exciting opportunity for an inspirational Teacher of Design & Technology to contribute further to a flourishing DT Department in both its curricular and extra-curricular activities.
We are looking for a well-qualified graduate of DT with a passion for the subject and excellent subject knowledge, with good organisational and time management skills. We are looking for someone to teach 0.4 of a timetable but this is negotiable for the right candidate. Initially, this is a one-year post; however, due to continuing expansion of the department and high take-up from the students, there is a possibility that the role could become permanent.
If you are a good communicator who can enthuse and inspire pupils about the teaching of DT and the ways in which it can be further developed and encouraged, we would be delighted to hear from you.
DT at NHEHS
DT is a popular and successful subject throughout the school and our GCSE and A Level results are consistently outstanding (100% of all GCSE grades were A* last year).
The DT Department is currently focussed on Product Design/Resistant Materials, with an emphasis on timber and polymers. CAD CAM is used extensively, and we have high-spec, modern facilities, including two laser cutters and three 3D printers. Going forwards, we are looking to develop and expand our coverage of metals, graphics, electronics, systems and control. The ideal candidate would have the ability and experience to assist in this regard.
Teaching at NHEHS
“Teaching here is all about being able to have in-depth conversations with students about your subject and helping to enthuse them with the same passion as you have. Teaching at NHEHS is exactly what I imagined teaching would be like when I got my first teaching job; it’s what teaching should be!”
- Head of Department
About the School
NHEHS is a leading academic day school. Our girls are ambitious, bright, enthusiastic and eager to learn and we offer a warm and supportive community. We occupy a site in suburban, leafy, west Ealing with excellent transport links. As part of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST), the UK’s leading network of independent girls’ schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Membership of Teaching Staff Pension Scheme
- Access to the GDST central training and development programme
- Up to 50% discount on fees for children at GDST schools
- Training grants for obtaining further qualifications
- Season Ticket Loans: Interest free loans for travel are available to staff to enable them to buy annual season tickets
- Computer Loans: Interest free loans are available to staff to enable them to buy a computer for personal use at home
- Cycle Scheme: the School is part of the scheme which enables staff to purchase bicycles and equipment at a tax advantageous rate and pay for the equipment over 12 months
- Lunches: free lunches are provided to all staff during term time
- Four weeks’ study leave for teachers after ten years’ continuous service
- Accredited NQT induction
- There is a possibility of accommodation for September 2019
Further information about this position and how to apply is available by clicking the apply button or by emailing email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 21st March (12pm) but early applications are welcomed. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 26th March.
NHEHS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS. Applications will be considered only from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK.