TEACHER OF DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY (ENGINEERING)
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale
Salary from £25,714 - £41,604 (Point M1 – U3)
Start Date: 1st September 2021
We are seeking an outstanding individual to join Paxman Academy in Colchester. The school opened to Year 7 students in September 2019 and is a co-educational, fully comprehensive 11-16 academy with a PAN of 180. It is a heavily oversubscribed school which is held in high regard in the community.
We are looking for a dedicated, caring and hardworking teacher of Design & Technology with ambition to support all students to reach their academic and personal potential. We are a STEM school and seek to promote the skills of reasoning, communication and problem solving across the curriculum. Students are offered a variety of enrichment activities including STEM Club and Young Engineers. As a Technology Faculty, we have generous curriculum time and state of the art facilities.
We are specifically looking for a teacher who has a passion and interest in Engineering and similar fields to complement the strong team of teachers already in place.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Teaching through the secondary range for Key Stages 3 and 4.
- Developing an exciting and successful Engineering curriculum for KS4.
- Demonstrating an enthusiasm for the subject which will inspire student progress.
- Demonstrating a capacity to design materials that are differentiated and will engage students in the learning process.
- Competent use of IT and a willingness to use it to plan and teach lessons.
- Working effectively with staff and students at all levels.
- Ensuring students are engaged in their learning.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
- Qualified Teacher Status and Relevant Degree.
- Experience of teaching Engineering or working in the Engineering sector.
- Experience of teaching within the subject area in Key Stages 3 and 4.
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum for their subject.
- Commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
- The ability to plan and teach effectively using a variety of strategies.
- Flexibility, energy, are adaptable and have the ability to use initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with both adults and children.
- High aspirations and expectations for their students and themselves.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Paxman Academy?
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 536. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 11th April 2021
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
Paxman Academy is a newly built, co-educational, fully comprehensive 11-16 academy, which opened its doors in September 2019. In its first two years of opening, the Academy has been a popular choice and is heavily oversubscribed.
The Academy enjoys s...