Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of D&T (Engineering) on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a co-educational, fully comprehensive 11-16 academy with a PAN of 180. The school opened to Year 7 students in September 2019 and it is a heavily oversubscribed school which is held in high regard in the community.
The school are looking for a dedicated, caring and hardworking teacher of Design & Technology with ambition to support all students to reach their academic and personal potential. It is a STEM school and seek to promote the skills of reasoning, communication and problem solving across the curriculum. Students are offered a variety of enrichment activities including STEM Club and Young Engineers. As a Technology Faculty, they have generous curriculum time and state of the art facilities.
The school are specifically looking for a teacher who has a passion and interest in Engineering and similar fields to complement the strong team of teachers already in place.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Teaching through the secondary range for Key Stages 3 and 4
- Developing an exciting and successful Engineering curriculum for KS4
- Demonstrating an enthusiasm for the subject which will inspire student progress
- Demonstrating a capacity to design materials that are differentiated and will engage students in the learning process
- Competent use of IT and a willingness to use it to plan and teach lessons
- Working effectively with staff and students at all levels
- Ensuring students are engaged in their learning
The Successful Candidate:
- Qualified Teacher Status and Relevant Degree
- Experience of teaching Engineering or working in the Engineering sector
- Experience of teaching within the subject area in Key Stages 3 and 4
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum for their subject
- Commitment to safeguarding and child protection
- The ability to plan and teach effectively using a variety of strategies
- Flexibility, energy, are adaptable and have the ability to use initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills with both adults and children
- High aspirations and expectations for their students and themselves
- A competitive salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR 1419149
PLEASE NOTE: If you are shortlisted for interview you may be asked to complete the schools application form.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...