We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic teacher of food and textiles across all Key Stages. This will be a significant teaching role within a growing Technology team, at a time when the department is expanding through the development of a new KS3 Curriculum and the introduction of new courses at both KS4 and KS5. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to contribute to curriculum developments at KS3, KS4 and KS5.
The person we are seeking will:
- be passionate about teaching Food and Textiles at KS3, KS4 and KS5 and will bring energy, enthusiasm and new ideas
- be a successful teacher across the age and ability range and be able to use this experience to develop the practice of others
- have experience of teaching all areas of Technology at KS3. Being able to teach another area of technology at KS4 is desirable but not essential
- have high expectations of the learning, achievement and progress of all students
- have a desire to play a significant role in the further development of the Technology department.
Little Heath School is a highly successful comprehensive school (1680 on roll, including 360 in the Sixth Form) situated in a pleasant semi-rural setting to the west of Reading, with good access to road and rail links. As a school, we pride ourselves on our strong Professional Development programme, believing that teachers need to be able to develop their own practice collaboratively with others. We have been awarded the prestigious Research Mark award in recognition of the quality of evidence-based research in our work.
For an application form and information pack please contact Emma Tedstone at Little Heath School on 0118 942 7337 or firstname.lastname@example.org Please address supporting letter of application to the Headteacher.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22 June 2018
Interviews will be held week commencing: 25 June 2018
Little Heath School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Little Heath School Governing Body is an equal opportunities employer. Appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk