The Chalk Hills Academy have an excellent opportunity for a Teacher of Design & Technology to join our lovely department. You will be required to teach across the age range 11-16. The successful colleague will be able to offer strong experience in product design, resistant materials and timber as well as experience delivering GCSE courses with mainstream exam boards. Core knowledge and understanding of key design and technology principles including design and making methodology and clear understanding of Design and Technology within the 21st Century needs to be evident. It would be an advantage if you also offer French but this is not essential. All staff are expected to be involved within the life of the Academy to support our vision of ‘Strive, Achieve & Believe’. This involves working within the pastoral structure as a form tutor and the ability to offer a lunchtime club or after-school club is desirable.
The successful candidate will join a very committed department with highly professional and dedicated teachers that have high expectations of their students, whilst exploring every avenue in improving teaching and learning.
In return, we offer an excellent staff benefits programme, including an ‘employee of the month’ retail voucher scheme, car valeting, parcel drop-off and a dry-cleaning service.
The Chalk Hills Academy is Ofsted rated ‘Good’ May 2018 and is an exciting and vibrant place to work!
If you are keen to progress within your career, we offer an outstanding CPD programme including Masters’ degree accreditation
· Start date: Easter 2019 or earlier if available
· Salary: MPS / UPS - £23,720 - £39,406 + Recruitment and Retention Allowance for an outstanding candidate
· Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
· £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
· You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
· Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
· Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
· Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
· Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment.” Ofsted May 2018
Teacher Testimonial: “Moving from Industry to Teaching was a daunting yet exciting experience; I joined Stockwood Park Academy as an instructor to see if teaching was for me, and have never looked back! The seamless transition into education was exciting, demanding, and the best decision I made. Like many teachers at the school, my role has evolved and I have been fortunate enough to work across the Trust in different positions. The Trust has provided me with multiple opportunities to grow and develop. I now work as an Assistant Principal at The Chalk Hills Academy, with a focus on The Teaching Trust, Admissions and Science. I feel extremely privileged to be working for an organisation that inspires learning, growth, confidence and creativity, and challenges students to rise to their full potential in a warm and caring environment.” – Mrs Jabbar, Assistant Principal