Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Design Technology on a full-time OR part-time (0.8) basis from September 2021 until August 2022. Both experienced and newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Good with Outstanding leadership rated 11-16 academy based in the friendly, North Lincolnshire town of Scunthorpe. Since joining a renowned family of schools, they have embarked on a journey of transformation. In January 2014, they were placed in Special Measures and were 7th worst attaining school in the country. However, less than two years after becoming part of the family they were awarded National Support School Status following their most recent Ofsted inspection, and since then we have gone from strength to strength with results remaining above the LA average.
It is right at the forefront of maths education, both in terms of ensuring students are taught maths for deep understanding, and in enabling every student to leave school with a maths qualification that opens doors for them. They have a curriculum that allows for this and the training and support for teachers to feel confident to facilitate this for all.
- Carrying out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with academy policies, under the direction of the Principal
- Promoting the achievement of high standards through affecting teaching and learning within the subject area(s), preparation, evaluation, and action planning
- Being central in the delivery of the ECM agenda, paying regard to the provision of personalisation for students
- Modelling the vision and values of the academy
- Being part of the team driving the development to become an ‘outstanding’ school
- Receiving and acting on feedback to build on the strengths and improve personal performance within the academy systems
- Contributing, where appropriate, to implementing policies and practices and to promote collective responsibility for their implementation
The Successful Candidate:
- A degree in an appropriate discipline related to a relevant subject
- Teaching qualification together with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Awareness of the strategies available for improving the learning and achievement of all students
- Recent and relevant teaching experience in employment or training
- Experience of assessment at Key Stage 3 and 4
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR 1487118
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...