Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn and to be challenged. You can read a welcome message from the Headteacher of the School here: Welcome to Cheney School
The school is part of the Community Schools Alliance Trust which is a small MAT with one secondary school and two primary schools. The Trust’s common vision is to improve every learner’s life chances.
We are committed to continuous professional development and have wide-ranging training and development opportunities. We are also mindful of the competing demands people face in their lives so are happy to consider part-time applications. If you are not familiar with Oxfordshire, we would recommend that you take a look at: Living in Oxfordshire – Information for Teachers
We are looking for a dynamic, inspirational and innovative Design and Technology teacher, who has a real passion for ensuring engagement in learning for all students, to join our ambitious and well-resourced department.
This role would suit a new or established Design and Technology teacher. We are looking for a teacher able to teach KS3, KS4 and KS5 across the D&T specialisms, ideally with specialist experience in Product Design and Textiles. We encourage applications from teachers at any stage in their career and applications from unqualified teachers will also be considered.
You will need to demonstrate that you:
- are passionate about all areas of Design and Technology and committed to raising levels of engagement and achievement;
- have the determination to provide high quality classroom teaching;
- want to make a positive difference by going the extra mile for the benefit of your students;
- have the desire and enthusiasm to play an active and collaborative role in contributing to a strong culture of sharing best practice, resources and ideas;
- are keen and able to embed enjoyment and success in learning.
If you would like more information about the role, please contact Emma Garden, Head of Technology Faculty at: email@example.com or on 01865 755 288
Please note: to ensure we conduct a fair shortlisting process we are no longer providing any personal information, including the names and gender of applicants, to short-listing panels.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete our online application.
If you have any questions about the application form or the recruitment process do not hesitate to connect us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Community Schools Alliance Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post, along with pre-employment safeguarding checks.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years