The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. The school was judged to be ‘Outstanding in all areas’ by Ofsted. Progress 8 results at GCSE place us in the top 10% of schools nationally on a rolling three year basis.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented and committed Teacher of Design & Technology from September 2019, on a full-time or part-time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will meet the criteria below:
- A well-qualified (with Qualified Teacher Status) and enthusiastic teacher of technology who can inspire and engage young people
- A passion for designing and making, and the ability to teach technology at KS3 and KS4 - including Product Design
- The ability to teach Product Design to A level advantageous
- The ability to motivate students and achieve excellent results
- Excellent organisational and IT skills
- The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
- A passion for excellence and for the subject
- A willingness to be a form tutor, including the delivery of PSHE.
We offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by staff, parents and governors
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in lessons and around the school
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff who are committed to raising student achievement even further.
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated students in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, The Weald School would welcome your application. We also welcome visits to the school from interested candidates. Please contact Yvonne Clements, Headteacher’s PA (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you would like to arrange a visit.
An application pack may be downloaded from our website www.theweald.org.uk Please note that an application form must be completed for this post and should be returned to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 10am, Monday 25 February 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.