Teacher of Design Technology
Required January 2022
MPR / UPR
The North East Learning Trust is seeking to appoint a motivated and ambitious Teacher of Design Technology. This is an exciting opportunity to join DT department. The post will be based in Teesdale School and Sixth Form, rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in June 2019. We would like our Teacher of DT to share their genuine love of teaching and learning and their passion for the subject. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a close and talented team who together ensure students receive excellence every day.
We have 700 children across Key Stages 3 and 4 and Post-16. Our small size means that you can really get to know your students; know who they are; their aspirations, ideas, talents and dreams, bringing out the best in them, helping to champion their ambitions and give them a great start in life.
Nestled in Barnard Castle in the spectacular Teesdale countryside and imprinted with the historic values of the Dales and our close-knit community, Teesdale School is a place where traditional values of kindness, respect and hard work take precedence. Within 30 minutes of both Darlington and Durham and just over an hour from York and Newcastle, our idyllic yet convenient location affords our staff an enviable quality of life.
We are committed to:
• A vibrant learning community with enthusiastic and engaging children.
• A positive and caring ethos.
• An excellent learning environment and resources.
• A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
• A supportive and effective governing body.
The successful candidate will:
• Teach Design Technology to students across the age and ability range within Teesdale School
• Be a committed and enthusiastic member of the department
• Develop and foster positive working relationships with students, teaching staff, other professionals and parents/carers
Deadline: Friday 17th September 2021, 9am
Interviews: Tuesday 21st September 2021
How to apply:
Application packs can be downloaded from the website.
Letters of application should be no more than two sides of A4 and should be returned with application forms to email@example.com or by post to Tracy Tuck, PA to the Leadership Team, Teesdale School, Prospect Place, Barnard Castle, Co Durham DL12 8HH.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Nestled in Barnard Castle in the spectacular Teesdale countryside and imprinted with the historic values of the Dales and our close-knit community, Teesdale School is a place where traditional values of kindness, respect and hard work take precedence...