Bassingbourn Village College is an excellent school set in South Cambridgeshire. We are very proud of our school and the educational opportunities that it provides for our wonderful students. We have very high aspirations and ambitions. Our exam results are excellent placing Bassingbourn Village College consistently amongst the top performing state schools in Cambridgeshire and well above the national average. We are one of the founding members of Anglian Learning, a multi academy trust formed of four highly successful Cambridgeshire secondary schools.
The Governors of the College are looking to appoint an outstanding professional to the position of Teacher of Design Technology with particular specialisms in resistant materials, 3D Design, graphics and possible potential to teach practical construction. This position would be perfect for either an NQT looking for an excellent team to work with as they start their career, or someone with a bit more experience who has a desire to embed their practice among a gifted group of practitioners.
- a supportive, committed and motivated team full of specialist staff
- small class sizes
- additional non contact time
- IWB in each room
- a forward thinking team open to new initiatives and strategies
- well behaved and motivated students
- supportive parents and governors
- clear opportunities for both professional and career development
The successful candidate will:
- be a creative and dynamic teacher and leader
- be a strong communicator with the ability to embrace change and motivate colleagues and students.
- possess resilience and a sense of humour
- have the capacity to reflect, modify and implement learning to challenge and support all students
- have the highest ambitions for our students, the school and yourself
Bassingbourn Village College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants. The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Flexible working requests will be considered. We reserve the right to interview prior to the closing date.
To apply, please complete an application form which is available on our website www.bassingbournvc.net/vacancies and forward with a letter to Mrs Smith by post or email to email@example.com outlining how you would successfully implement the requirements of the job description and how your previous experience has successfully prepared you for this post.
Closing date: noon on Friday 16th April 2021
Interviews: Week beginning 19th April 2021
Bassingbourn Village College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Bassingbourn Village College is a mainstream, co-educational, non-denominational secondary academy for children aged 11-16. It is situated in Bassingbourn, near Royston, on the Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire borders.
The school has been rated...