The David Nieper Academy is a newly formed academy in Alfreton, Derbyshire. A brand-new school building opened in early 2017 with the Sixth Form Centre opened in September 2017. A key aspect of our vision is our focus on applied learning within all subject areas and across all year groups. This year we have seen an increase in student numbers within each year group and we are looking to build on this year on year. This is an immensely exciting time to be joining the academy and being a key component in the development of the new academy.
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Design Technology to continue our excellent work in these areas. The successful candidate must be able to:
• plan and deliver outstanding lessons that engage and motive students
• work well as part of a team
• embrace the co-curricular and extracurricular aspects of the academy
• have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• have a ‘can-do’ attitude; be highly organised and
• have the ability to work under pressure.
The Governing Body is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, so all staff appointments are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Candidates should indicate an acceptance of, and a commitment to, the Academy’s policies in relation to equality and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Teacher of Design Technology
To provide highly effective teaching of Design Technology and possibly Food & Nutrition across all key stages, contributing to the ongoing development of the Faculty. To be a full and contributing member of the Technology Faculty and the Academy.
The Technology Faculty currently encompasses a wide range of subjects including:
KS3 and KS4 Design & Technology
KS3 and KS4 Food Preparation & Nutrition
KS3 and KS4 Computer Science
KS3 and KS4 Art and Design
• To teach Textiles technology at KS3
• To teach Design and Technology at KS3
• To possibly teach Food & Nutrition at KS3 (Year 9) and KS4 (Year 10)
• To be a form tutor
• To contribute to the co and extra-curricular life of the school
• Participate in the academy Performance Management arrangements
Teaching and Learning
• Plan and teach engaging and challenging lessons that pave the way for success in school and life
• Meet the needs of all learners by consistently planning and teaching carefully differentiated lessons
• Contribute to Faculty planning and the creation and updating of schemes of work
• Use regular, measurable and significant assessments of teaching
• Set and mark appropriate homework
• Complete all reporting on time
• Closely monitor progress and attainment of all students and use it to inform teaching
• Provide content for and, where necessary, deliver high quality student interventions with direction from the Head of Faculty
• Work to ensure that all students achieve or exceed targets
• Maintain regular and productive communication with parents about their child’s progress, behaviour and development, including attending after school parent meetings as required
• Undertake professional development as agreed with academy leaders
• Perform additional duties and tasks required for the effective operation of the school as directed by the Headteacher.
• Free access to BUPA Employee Assistance Programme
• Free onsite Parking
• Generous discount at the David Nieper Ltd factory shop
David Nieper Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
David Nieper Academy is a co-educational secondary academy, formerly known as Alfreton Grange Art College. The school itself was first established in 1939, and adopted its current name in 2016 following its conversion into an academy. The school is c...