Starting September 2021
At Northolt High School, our vision, mission and values underpin everything that we do. We enable our students to develop strength of character, to be articulate and confident and to secure the best academic outcomes possible. Our school vision is "committed to excellence". This summarises our core aim of continuous improvement. Our mission statement describes how we work to achieve this core aim - through "seizing opportunity, instilling ambition, realising potential". Join us and you will be welcomed by a hard-working, dedicated staff and subject team who are united in their focus on student achievement.
We work in partnership with an organisation called Sycol which supports us in ensuring that we have clear systems of continuous school improvement in place. Through this partnership, all members of staff in the school are part of a high quality leadership development programme. Termly innovation projects involve every member of staff, helping us quickly and effectively share ideas whilst forging strong partnerships across the staff team. These projects ensure that systemic school improvement is embedded in everything we do. We are united in our focus to continuously improve and develop; this results in a tangible energy and drive across our whole staff team as we learn and move forward together.
We are a small school at the moment and are growing in size in the coming years, with a new building project on the horizon. We maintain a broad and balanced curriculum offer for all students. Our intention is to develop the school so that it has STEAM specialism (the ‘A’ is for Art) whilst at the same time retaining a breadth of curriculum offer for our students. You will join a Performing Arts team as the sole Drama specialist and will be well supported in this role by our Performing Arts Subject Leader. Our Drama curriculum is clearly mapp ed so you will have a clear pathway for students’ learning provided and we will obviously welcome any suggestions you have for improving this.
We will be the right school for you if you are committed to:
- Ensure outstanding progress and attainment in the Drama department;
- Play a full part in termly innovation projects to contribute to the development of school-wide continuous improvement;
- Promote the profile of the Drama department through contributions to the extra-curricular and wider life of the school.
We can offer you:
- Great support and training as you develop your career (we have a well developed approach to professional development including a superb dedicated CPD website);
- The opportunity to innovate and bring in new ideas to contribute towards improving our school;
- A caring and supportive professional environment, with an early finish every Friday to promote a good work / life balance;
- Seizing opportunity Instilling ambition Realising potential
- A thoughtful and well-structured school calendar with careful attention paid to balancing teacher workload;
- A commitment to providing high quality opportunities for you to continue your professional learning.
A job description & person specification plus an application form can be found on our website by clicking on the Apply button.
Please email your application to the Headteacher’s PA at: email@example.com
Closing date: 9am on Friday 26th February 2021
Interviews to be held on Monday 1st March 2021 (Learning and Teaching interview) and Tuesday 2nd March 2021 (formal final interview).
The school is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment processes are always robustly followed. Successful candidates’ appointment will be subject to safer recruitment checks and satisfactory completion of an enhanced DBS check. Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service/about
Northolt High School
- Mainstream school with state - foundation funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Northolt High School is a great place to work. Join us if you are keen to be a part of a tightly-knit and supportive staff team with a sharp focus on continuous improvement. We look after our members of staff well, so that in turn you are able to pro...