This is not a job for the faint hearted as we drive towards becoming an 'Outstanding' school.
We are a highly supportive school with strong subject and senior leadership to help you develop. We are looking for a highly ambitious, committed and dynamic professional to join our Performing Arts department who is passionate about Drama, communicates well with young people and makes a positive impact on their learning. The Performing Arts department comprises of one other full-time Drama teacher, two full-time Music teachers, one part-time Music and Drama Teacher and one Curriculum Leader. The job would suit NQTs or a more experienced teacher. The post is a maternity cover for one year, but as the school expands in terms of student numbers, we may need to expand the existing provision. Candidates who are able to teach more than one subject may be able to secure a longer term posiiton.
The planned expansion of the school will also provide opportunities for professional development as staff begin to take on responsibility within their department or across the school.
The successful applicant will have a passion about learning, have strong inter-personal skills, be resilient, be an excellent teacher and have great subject knowledge including experience of a number of GCSE specifications. They will be able to deliver Drama up to KS4 and deliver both GCSE and vocational qualifications in these subjects. The successful candidate will be expected to help run after school drama activities and support in the delivery of the annual school musical.
We will offer you:
• Results above the national average and improving rapidly
• A well-resourced department with excellent drama and performance facilities and spaces
• Strong uptake of GCSE Drama with a with a three-year Key Stage 4
• Personalised, supportive CPD so that you can flourish and be the best you can possibly be, whichever stage in your career.
• Strong collegiate atmosphere
• Supportive and thorough induction programme
• A primary school with discounted nursery provision for staff
• Strong SLT
• 5 minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes)
• State of the art gym available for staff use
The Academy is at an exciting stage of development with a highly experienced Executive Principal. In Ofsted's visit, January 2019, the school was judged 'Good' in all areas for the first time in the academy's history.
Quotations from the recent Ofsted visit January 2019:
• "The executive principal's inspirational leadership has enabled a rapid improvement across all areas of the academy".
• "Outcomes have improved because of strong subject leadership".
• "The behaviour of pupils is good. There is an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect across the school. Pupils' conduct is calm and orderly".
• "Staff morale is high. they believe that leaders and governors take staff members' wellbeing and workload into account and they feel well supported by the school".
• "Staff new to the school feel very well supported by their more experienced colleagues and the packages of training and support on offer".
• "Comprehensive induction and training programmes offered by senior leaders and the link advisor ensure that they very quickly establish themselves in their posts".
• "Pupils show a well-developed understanding and tolerance for others who are different from them. Tolerance and diversity are promoted well at Aylesbury Vale Academy".
Consequently, results are now at the national average for the first time in the Academy's history with a Progress 8 score of 0.02 in 2017-18. Prior to the publication of Progress 8 for 20198-19, it is clear that this has risen further.
The school is improving at a rapid pace and this is a career defining opportunity for those who can play a pivotal role in enhancing the life chances of children and young people. The academy, sponsored by the Diocese of Oxford, moved into new purpose built accommodation in September 2013 and is benefitting from state of the art facilities and teaching. Situated on the new Berryfields housing development, the Academy (including the primary phase) is set to increase its roll in the next few years. There are curerntly 1431 students on roll including over 400 in the primary phase.
For further information contact, Mrs E Perrin, Executive Assistant at email@example.com or click on the Apply Now button.
Applicants should note that the school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure Check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).