We are keen to recruit an outstanding teacher who can bring their knowledge, skills and above all enthusiasm for drama to our school. We are an outstanding school with a determination to continue on our journey beyond outstanding. You would be joining a successful team that is keen to do the very best for our students. This temporary maternity cover position would suit an experienced teacher or a newly qualified teacher looking for their first post. We are able to negotiate a higher salary if the successful person is willing and able to take on some of the subject responsibility of the absent Head of Drama. This is not, however, a requirement and your teaching ability is most important.
We can offer the successful candidate the support needed to excel.
We can offer you:
•a successful and forward looking school with stunning and unrivalled facilities for teaching drama;
•the support of an outstanding Sports, Performance and Arts Faculty (SPA) with Artsmark and Sportsmark Platinum status;
•a supportive staff and Senior Leadership Team;
•a school renowned for outstanding professional development opportunities;
•a school community committed to corporate excellence;
•an employer that cares about your well-being.
Do you have:
• Outstanding classroom practice;
• The passion and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students
• The ability to work closely with SPA colleagues to lead our annual production and other
performances to our local community;
• The knowledge, skills and experience of teaching AQA GCSE and the BTEC L2 in Performing
• Experience in developing partnerships with the community and external organisations such
as Shakespeare for Schools;
• Expertise in using technology to enhance teaching and learning.
A pre-application visit can be arranged by contacting us. See Letter for Applicants for contact details. The indication at present is that the post will most likely be from 5 November 2018 until mid-July 2019.