This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, dynamic school where all can thrive and staff are highly valued
We are seeking a teacher to join the very successful DT department which enjoys high levels of attainment, take-up and enthusiasm. The department is very active in developing wider opportunities and works with the Engineering Education Scheme, the Smallpeice Trust and industry. The successful candidate would display a confidence in the delivery of GCSE and ‘A’ level resistant materials, offering support for coursework both within and beyond the classroom. NQTs and experienced teachers are welcome to apply.
Here are some of the key reasons Tiffin is a great School in which to work:
• a vibrant and friendly staff, with a diverse mix of teachers and associate staff. “An amazing school environment. Supportive and friendly staff. Incredible extra-curricular opportunities. An environment where learning for its own sake (rather than just for passing exams) is encouraged and fostered.” (current teacher)
• very bright and able students who are motivated and eager to learn, in an environment of excellent behaviour. “As our son departs the school he certainly has an exceptional set of qualifications in his pocket, but he carries with him so much more from his time as a Tiffinian: a thirst for learning and an enquiring mind; a keen sense of self-identify; strong peer friendships as well as a bucket-full of happy memories from his schooldays.” (ex-parent)
• an opportunity to teach your subject to a high level. “As I depart for University I would be very grateful if you could pass on my thanks to all the teachers who have helped and supported me over the last seven years and allowed me to make the most of all the fantastic opportunities I have been given.” (ex-student)
• a location close to Kingston town centre, and excellent public transport links to Central London, minutes away from the train and bus stations. We are close to Richmond and Bushy Parks, and the Surrey countryside. Our sports ground is beautifully situated with the River Thames and Hampton Court Palace very close by
• benefits include: season ticket loan/Cycle to Work scheme/salary advance scheme for a rental deposit/free on-site parking/enhanced maternity benefits/two-week Autumn half term
“Tiffin is an outstanding school” – Ofsted 2007 and 2011
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange this.
For a real flavour of the School please see the Head’s Newsletters on our website, including news of the completion of our new building. We have also recently been reviewed by The Good Schools Guide. Please see our website to read the review