The Stanway School
Teacher of Design Technology with Responsibility for Food Technology
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale plus TLR 2c £2,721
Start Date: 1st January 2020
We are seeking to appoint a qualified full-time Teacher of Design Technology who would have responsibility for Food Technology.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
● Responsibility for the quality of teaching within Food Technology
● Responsibility for the quality of assessment information in Food Technology
● Oversight and review of SOW
● Monitoring of assessment data in Go4S and implementation of timely interventions
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
● Qualified Teacher Status
● A degree in the specialist subject
● The ability to teach “outstanding” lessons in Food Technology
● Experience of supporting staff and students in maintaining high standards
Why work for The Sigma Trust, The Stanway School?
We can offer you:
● An exciting opportunity to lead a popular subject in a successful, oversubscribed school;
● Excellent, modern facilities in the Food department;
● A competitive Salary;
● Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
● A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
● Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 13th October 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.