Malvern College Chengdu is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Teacher of Early Years. The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values.
- Be part of a core team to design and prepare a challenging, innovative and exciting EYFS curriculum for children entering Nursery, Reception or Kindergarten 1, or Kindergarten 2 which will enable them to flourish and achieve their potential
- Design, prepare and deliver lessons to suit the individual needs of all students using a range and balance of teaching strategies
- Promote the enjoyment of learning
- Ensure the classroom and school environment is well- managed, inviting, organised and neatly presented
- Support the outdoor Forest School Educational Programme
- Nurture meaningful relationships with children and their families and provide the individual attention they need
- Assess and monitor student progress and provide clear learning targets so that all learners can see success and improve and maintain Portfolios of Learning
- Collaborate with other teachers, especially the Mandarin co-teacher of the classroom, to share new ideas, approaches and professional knowledge through staff meetings and staff PD sessions
- Communicate accurately, regularly and meaningfully with families of students in their care
- Contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme and participate in school activities such as assemblies, parent evening events, conferences, workshops and any other roles as identified by the leadership team
- Supervise the students and take on duties as required during lunch, sleep and other times as required
- A bachelor's degree and a recognised qualification (such as PGCE) in Early Childhood Education
- English proficiency
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience in Early Years education, ideally with experience in an international educational setting
- Experience in teaching second language learners
- Music/ PE skills in Early Childhood is an advantage
For further information about working for Malvern College Chengdu please download the general information pack.
All applications should be submitted online via the TES online application. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: August 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Chengdu is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant background checks.
Malvern College Chengdu
Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Five Distinctive Features of Malvern’s Xinjin Campus
Nurturing global citizens well versed with Chinese and Western cultures by stages
At Malvern, educating the “whole person” begins with the acquisition of skills and of knowledge. From bilingual imm...