GRAVESEND GRAMMAR SCHOOL - ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS STUDIES
We are looking to appoint an experienced Teacher of Economics & Business Studies to join our highly successful and very popular department. We are interested in someone who will contribute positively to the full range of teaching in this 11 – 18 selective school.
- A qualified Teacher of Economics and Business Studies; able to teach all areas of the curriculum to A level
- An outstanding classroom practitioner who is flexible, enthusiastic and innovative
- Excellent subject knowledge and a rigorous approach to assessment and learning
- A committed team-member who will be willing to contribute to the wide school activities
- We will consider NQT's for this post
- Enthusiastic and highly able students who “attain very high standards and make excellent progress” (OFSTED)
- A well-resourced science department, fully staffed by qualified subject specialists
- Supportive and enthusiastic colleagues, and a positive working environment
- A strong relationship with the local community with fast transport links to London and Europe
- Free on-site parking
- Potential for on-site accommodation
- Benenden Healthcare Society Membership
Closing date: 12th April, 2021 at 09:00
Shortlisting: Week of 12th April, 2021
Interviews: Week of 19th April, 2021
Appointment: 1st September 2021
If you would like to find out more about the school please visit our website at www.gravesendgrammar.com. If you would like more information about joining the team please contact Sarah Tremain, Deputy Headteacher firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not accept CVs. Completed application forms must be e-mailed to Jenny Lumley, HR at email@example.com by 09:00 on the closing date.
Information about the school:
Gravesend Grammar School is an 11-18 selective boys grammar school with girls admitted to the Sixth Form. The most recent Ofsted Inspection (June 2015) judged the School as ‘Outstanding’.
We became an Academy on 1st August 2011 as part of The Decus Educational Trust (TDET).
We have a committed staff who provide opportunity and challenge in a caring environment and strive to ensure the students achieve the very best they can at all times. We also have strong working partnerships with parents, governors and the community.
The School has benefited from many improvements in recent years including the addition of new buildings. We are currently embarking upon an exciting £8million joint building project with the local authority that will deliver the modernisation and refurbishment of our existing infrastructure, the addition of a dedicated sixth form facility by September 2022 and enable expansion.
We are served by excellent transport links; by road the A2 and M25, and by rail Gravesend train station (on the HS1 line) is a short walk from the School and Ebbsfleet International train station is only a 10 minute drive.
GGS, an academy in the The Decus Educational Trust (TDET), is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and all staff and volunteers are expected to follow its policies and share in its commitment.
This post is subject to pre-employment checks, including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, reference checks and proof of right to work in the UK.
TDET is an equal opportunities employer.
Gravesend Grammar School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years