Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of English & Drama on a full-time permanent basis from January 2022. Both experienced and newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a College that was founded by the Seventh Duke of Devonshire and other prominent Eastbourne citizens in 1867. It is a co-educational HMC independent school of just over 640 pupils, of whom half are full-time boarders. It is a strong community with excellent links with local schools and the remarkable town in which it is located. Academic standards are very high with an average of 80% of A-level grades being awarded A*, A or B in the last ten years. At GCSE approximately two thirds of all grades awarded are 9 to 7.
The seaside town of Eastbourne is an ideal location for a boarding school, offering as it does a wide range of attractions. The College is situated on the western tip of the town, a block or two from the sea and ten minutes' walk from the town centre, with its main-line trains to London Victoria, and from the Downs.
The English department consists of nine teachers with a vast array of experience, and is centrally located in the heart of the College campus. Each teacher has a spacious and modern classroom of their own, complete with Prowise board and sophisticated audio/visual equipment. The Department also houses its own seminar room and a sixth form reading room.
The Drama department has three full-time teachers and one part-time teacher, assisted by a full-time technician and a part-time (term time) technician / wardrobe supervisor. At GCSE pupils are taught the Eduqas specification and at Alevel, the AQA Drama and Theatre Studies course is followed. The College has enjoyed a long and distinguished reputation for drama productions that involve pupils from all year groups and houses.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Educated to good degree standard (or equivalent) or a closely related discipline
- Evidence of continuous personal and/or professional development
- Teaching qualification (desirable)
- An ability to teach to GCSE and A-level
- Involvement in, and support for, co-curricular activities relevant to the College
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- A high level of ICT competency
- Must have right to work in the UK
- The College offers generous packages of additional benefits and pay; all staff are on a salary scale above the national average and have opportunities for salary progression
- Accommodation may be available. The successful candidate will also benefit from a generous rate for the education of their own children
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR 1487624
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...