Part Time (3 days per week)
St Joseph's College is a vibrant independent day and boarding school in Ipswich providing a broad and seamless education for over 590 boys and girls aged 3 - 18. We provide a wide range of stimulating and challenging opportunities that our pupils embrace in both the academic and extra-curricular life of the College.
The resultant all-round education develops our pupils into well-rounded individuals who challenge themselves to ‘be our best’ in every aspect of life at the school, and beyond. Our innovative teaching and subsequent success starts in the Prep School and runs all the way through the Senior School and Sixth Form.
We require from September a versatile and committed colleague with a real interest in the provision of quality and imaginative teaching to work at our ISI ‘Excellent’ rated school. The successful candidate will be expected to teach History and English at Key Stage Three, alongside the teaching of Faith, Life and Wellbeing from Years 7 to 11.
All Year 7 to 11 students at St Joseph’s College study our new Faith, Life and Wellbeing (FLW) curriculum which combines Religious Education and PSHE themes. The successful candidate will be contributing to the development and shaping of this subject, this will include developing resources for the provision of Relationships Education, Health Education and Relationships and Sex Education ready for September 2021.
We have a strong sense of purpose and are fervently committed to the holistic achievement of every individual. We aim to provide a high-quality education in a safe, happy, caring and focused environment. We encourage all students to embody our values of aspiration, respect and confidence. We are intent on developing a love of learning amongst our students, offering them a broad and balanced curriculum, enhanced by a very broad range of enrichment activities designed to support their personal growth. We encourage all students to take responsibility for their own learning.
The Successful Candidate
- Have the capacity to generate energy and enthusiasm for learning
- Plan and deliver outstanding lessons that engage and motive students
- Be able to raise achievement through motivating, challenging and inspiring our students
- Be a reflective and resilient practitioner
- Work well as part of multiple teams
- Help foster a culture of high expectations and achievement within their departments
- Have a strong commitment to the school’s ethos and vision
- Be able to establish strong relationships with students and staff
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Embrace the co-curricular and extra-curricular aspects of the College
Candidates who have extremely high expectations and are keen to take a full and active role in the life of the school are encouraged to apply.
The closing date for applications is Midday on Friday 16 April 2021 with interviews w/c Monday 19 April. The College reserves the right to interview prior to the closing deadline, so early applications are encouraged.
St Joseph’s College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service. Please be advised that applications cannot be accepted unless they are on the College’s Application Form. References will be taken up and will be carefully checked. DBS charge payable by applicant.
St Joseph's College
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years