We are currently seeking a motivated, inspirational Teacher of English and PE to join our St Bees team. This combined role is part-time (likely 0.5 FTE).
English: This will entail teaching IGCSE, English Language and Literature. The ability to teach English Literature to A Level is preferred, and experience teaching English as an Additional Language and English as a Second Language would be advantageous.
PE: This will entail teaching Year 7 to 13 PE and will focus on developing the PE programme within the curriculum.
If you are able to offer one of these two subjects, we would still encourage you to apply.
• a good honours degree in a related subject
• an enthusiasm for education and the ability to convey this to students
• the ability to demonstrate characteristics of outstanding teaching practice
• an awareness of the demands of teaching bright students and a commitment to fostering a global mindset
• full support for the delivery of Character Education
• a professional approach which inspires confidence in students and parents
• excellent communication and ICT skills
• calmness and efficiency, with the ability to work under pressure at times
• commitment to continuing professional development through attendance at INSET
• commitment to the all-round ethos of the School, including its co-curricular activities (GCAS), boarding life and pastoral approach
• the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with all members of the school community and outside agencies
• understanding of the independent education context
• commitment to safeguarding all children
• a teaching qualification and previous teaching experience
• an ability to offer skills in some part of the extra-curricular programme of the school
• enjoy rising to the challenge inherent in a school environment
• willingness to teach more than one subject discipline
The following personal and professional qualities will be considered essential:
• consummate inter-personal skills and a proven capacity to foster strong relationships
• excellent academic credentials and track record
• diplomacy, discretion and an active desire to assume responsibility
• personal and professional resilience
• an affinity for curriculum innovation
• willingness to support ongoing development of the curriculum and schemes of work
Start date: September 2021
If you believe that true leadership flourishes best in a team-based environment, if you strive to unlock children’s individual potential, if you espouse the St Bees vision and can radiate its philosophy with enthusiasm to the world, and if you can take people with you in a can-do spirit of optimism – then we would be pleased to hear from you.
Interested candidates are encouraged to complete the attached application form, and send to email@example.com
The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 5 March 09:00 GMT
Full details can be found at www.stbeesschool.co.uk
St Bees School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years