· Are you an outstanding teacher of English?
· Are you looking for a new challenge and the chance to make a long-lasting difference?
· Are you passionate about literacy and willing to lead change across the school?
· Do you want to work as part of a growing Trust that cherishes both aspiration and inclusion?
Westfield School will be joining Chorus Education Trust this Spring. This is an exciting time to join our school; the successful applicant will have the opportunity to shape a literacy strategy that will have a huge impact on the progress of all our students, and can look forward to excellent career development opportunities within Chorus Trust and through our very strong links with Sheffield Teaching School Alliance. You will join a staff team committed to securing Outstanding Achievement for All, and in doing so transforming our students’ life chances.
Westfield School are seeking to appoint an Outstanding Teacher of English who is ambitious about taking the next step in their career by taking on the challenge of leading literacy across the school. You will be passionate about engaging all our students in Literacy and will have the expertise to develop exciting strategies cross-faculty strategies around reading, writing and oracy.
The successful candidate will:
· Be a creative, motivational and effective classroom practitioner.
· Be able to inspire, challenge and motivate young people.
· Be reflective and analytical about their classroom practice.
· Be engaged in all aspects of the thriving English Faculty.
Full details can be downloaded from our website at: www.westfieldschoolsheffield.org.uk/Vacancies1
Closing date for applications: 15th March 2018
Interviews to be held: 20th March 2018
We always encourage prospective applicants to visit the school in advance of application. This can be arranged by contacting Julie Wilson, PA to the Head of School on 0114 2485221 or email: email@example.com
Westfield School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment is subject to enhanced DBS checks and two excellent references.