‘Leaders have developed a curriculum where pupils literacy, rightly has prominence across all subjects’ Ofsted 2018
‘The inspirational headteacher’s vision and clear determination have been pivotal in improving the school. Leaders and staff are committed to the school’s continued improvement’ Ofsted 2018
Winton Community Academy is a community where inspirational teaching, self-evaluation and self-improvement are evident from the moment you enter our school.
Our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the high number of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
We are proud to serve the communities around Andover in the centre of Hampshire, a short commute from Winchester, Salisbury and many picturesque Hampshire villages. Ofsted judged us as a ‘Good academy’ in January 2018 and our Headteacher Nathan Thomas as ‘an inspirational leader’.
For the second year running over 70% of students obtained 4+ in English with over 60% achieving 4+ in English and maths. We want Winton to lead the way in teaching excellence and for all our staff and students to develop their maximum potential. If you want to make a real difference to our children and to your career, then Winton is the school for you!
We are keen to enhance teaching capacity and teaching standards both in the Academy and in Hampshire. We work with teacher training centers in the area with huge success.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about English
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the department and the academy;
- Have a relentless drive to develop their own standards of teaching and learning to enable them to deliver excellent student outcomes;
- Be a committed team player;
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships;
- Be committed to our ethos of shining bright together;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development
We warmly welcome visits to the Academy. To book an appointment please contact Jackie Lusk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01264 325955.
As part of Academies Enterprise Trust, we believe that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- An extremely friendly and supportive staff body who all enjoy coming to work every day
- A lovely academy site and facilities surrounded by lots of green space
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and develop in your role
- An annual season ticket loan (where applicable)
- Teachers' Pension or Local Government Pension Scheme
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- A generous annual leave allowance
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
- Free car parking
This position is required for January 2019 or Easter 2019 for an exceptional candidate.
Closing date: Monday 10 December 2018
To apply today, please click on the 'Quick Apply' button below.
Interviews will be arranged as and when convenient and we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.