Do you have the talent and ambition to make a difference to our school?
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher of English with a proven ability to produce excellent results. We are looking for a colleague who can excite and motivate young people, is committed to bringing imaginative ideas into the classroom and can turn students with promise into skillful and successful learners.
Bingley Grammar is an oversubscribed 11-18 voluntary aided comprehensive school which was judged ‘good’ by OFSTED in 2018. Our English Faculty continues to produce excellent results year on year. It is a vibrant Faculty that has a previous affiliation with the RSC as a hub school, ties with the Alhambra theatre in Bradford, and continues to actively support our growing SCITT programme to train and develop new teachers of English. Our Sixth Form is a vibrant learning community with 300+ students studying Level 3 courses with us.
The role and responsibilities include:
• Provision of high quality teaching of English at Key Stage 3 and 4 and (depending on the candidate’s experience) Key Stage 5
• Raising student attainment
• Assessing, recording and reporting on student progress
• Supporting the vision and values of the school
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Knowledge/experience of teaching English across all three Key Stages
• Previous experience of teaching at ‘A’ level or a clear and obvious desire to do so
• Up to date teaching methodology
• An ability to work confidently within a team and communicate effectively
• A passion for inspiring young people to attain the highest level possible
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work within a collaborative team of staff who are committed to enhancing the quality of teaching and learning of English
• Proactive support for your career development – including the opportunity to study for a Master’s degree in Education
• An approachable and supportive Leadership team and Governing body
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Please note CVs will not be accepted
For more information and to apply, please see our website: www.bingleygrammar.org/about/vacancies
For queries or to arrange a visit, please contact the Recruitment team:
T: 01274 807720 E: email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 17 October 2019 at 9.00am
Interviews will be held w/c 21 October