St. Ignatius Catholic School is a private co-educational school with approximately 670 pupils ranging from Nursery to Advanced Level. The school is recognised for its academic rigour, its excellent discipline and its caring and supportive Christian ethos. It follows the English National Curriculum to I/GCSE with many students progressing to our A-Level programme.
We invite applications from fully qualified and suitably experienced teachers to start on January 6th, 2020.
All candidates are expected to:
• Have a recognised degree in English or a Bachelor of Education from an accredited university, and a PGCE, QTS or other internationally recognised teaching qualification.
• At least 4 years of experience in teaching English Language and Literature across Key Stages 3 – 5, with evidence of successful examination results at I/GCSE and A Level in recent years. Experience in teaching Cambridge International IGCSE and A Level would be a distinct advantage.
• Evidence of leading/coordinating any subject-related curricular and extra-curricular initiatives and activities would be an advantage.
• Have experience in teaching the UK National Curriculum at Key Stages 3 – 5, as well as CIE/WJEC syllabus up to A Level, where required.
• Be committed to Christ-centered values and beliefs.
• Model excellent practice in the classroom; preferably externally verified.
• Have a secure knowledge and understanding of excellent practice in teaching, learning and the effective use of assessment to improve learning, and be able to use data effectively.
• Be able to demonstrate impact of teaching on the progress of individual groups and cohorts of children.
• Be committed to continued professional development.
• Be proficient in using Microsoft Office/Office 365 products. Experience with SIMS would be an advantage.
• Have an excellent knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection good practice with recent, relevant training.
• Be an excellent team player committed to the ethos, values and aims of the school.
• Be committed to the holistic education of the child.
• Lead and/or be involved in a wide range of school related extra-curricular activities.
• Be available as a form tutor, if required.
Candidates should also refer to the job description attached prior to submitting an application.
As a Catholic school, we strongly encourage committed Catholics to apply but we also welcome applications from non-Catholics. However, we expect all applicants to fully support the religious ethos of the school.
Salary range CI$42,548 - CI$51,373 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience. Other benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan, relocation allowance and end of final contract repatriation allowance. The school also offers one free school place for the child of an employee.
Contracts are for two years initially and may be extended by mutual agreement.
Interested applicants must complete the application form in full, which has been uploaded, and send it to: email@example.com. We will not accept any other form of application. Interviews will be conducted over Skype.
Deadline for receipt of applications: October 13th, 2019.
ST. IGNATIUS CATHOLIC SCHOOL
599 Walkers Road
P.O. Box 2638
Grand Cayman KY1-1102
Tel: (345) 949 9250