We wish to appoint a well-qualified, energetic and enthusiastic colleague with the subject knowledge, skills and potential to be an outstanding teacher of English, across the age and ability range. The ability to deliver qualifications in English language and English literature at A level is an essential aspect of the role.
We are looking for an individual who can offer both challenge and support to students, as the college seeks to move from good to outstanding.
The suitable applicant will:
- Have a passion for English
- Have the ability to teach across the English curriculum at GCSE and A level
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Build upon the college's considerable strengths and successes
- Demonstrate a proven record of raising achievement and aspiration through the use of English language.
- Empathise with and encourage students of all abilities, interests and aptitudes to improve their achievement in English.
The college prides itself in providing:
- A strong track record of improvement in standards and quality
- Extensive choice of courses to meet students' needs
- Excellent Sixth Form facilities
- Strong, successful NQT programme
- Commitment to whole staff CPD
- Is an active member of the Forest Way Teaching School Alliance
How to Apply:
Candidates should submit a completed application form together with a letter of application of not more than 2 sides of A4. Your letter of application should state what experience you have that prepares you for this role, and how you would inspire students to develop a love of literature. The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 19th Februrary. Interviews will be held shortly afterwards.
The college has ample car parking and is located in a semi-rural setting on the outskirts of Coalville. There are good road links to the MI, A50 and M42. Staff typically travel to us from Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, South Derbyshire, Tamworth and Burton upon Trent.
Email applications should be sent to email@example.com
Postal applications should be addressed to:
Ms J Byrne
King Edward VII Science and Sport College
Warren Hills Road
Leicestershire. LE67 4UW