Teacher of English
Permanent | MPR/UPR | TLR for the right candidate | Primary or Secondary trained | January 2020
• Have a passion for teaching and wish to inspire young people to love learning?
• Wish to join a forward thinking, highly supportive and progressive English Department?
• Intend to be part of an Academy that recognises talent and invests in potential through excellent professional development and progression opportunities irrespective of career stage?
If so, Sir Thomas Wharton Academy is the place to continue the next stage of your career.
The Maltby Learning Trust, consisting of primary and secondary Academies is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn, striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work.
We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified, ambitious and talented primary or secondary trained teacher to contribute to the Academy’s English Department’s improvement journey. Applications from primary trained practitioners who would like a fixed term secondment or a change in phase, with an aspiration to teach and work within secondary education are welcomed. We would also welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers who meet the ‘Essential’ criteria set out in the Person Specification.
Our successful candidate will be:
• An excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations
• Able to inspire and enthuse students
• Committed to raising standards for all
• Able to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas
In return we will offer:
• Purpose-built learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
• Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development
• An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff
If desirable, prospective candidates are invited to visit our Academy. Please contact Min Cunning at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
How do I apply?
For further information or to request an application pack, please contact Min Cunning at Muirne.email@example.com
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be addressed to Mrs Yvonne Bootman, Associate Principal and submitted to Min Cunning at firstname.lastname@example.org