Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a Full Time Teacher of English for KS3 and KS4 students who suffer from Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties to work in the Durham local authority.
The successful candidate will have a knowledge and understanding of the English school curriculum at a KS3 and KS4 level. Covering topics such as critical reading, basic literature and critical comparisons.
This is a long-term position which is due to commence January 2019. This position is to start out on a supply basis, with the potential to lead to a permanent role for the right individual. This role could also be suited to a confident and outstanding NQT who is looking for a challenging yet fulfilling role.
The Ideal candidate must:
- Be a qualified and experienced secondary teacher of English however, the school would accept outstanding NQTs
- You must have experience/an understanding of young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- The ideal applicant will have previous experience working with challenging behaviour
- Applicants must hold QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Applicants must hold or be willing to process a current DBS (Children and Vulnerable Adults) and it be registered on the online update service.
- Applicants must be available to commit to a long term, 5 day a week position in the Durham local authority
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, you will receive:
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated SEND consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across Vision for Education or contact the SEND team, at the Newcastle upon Tyne branch on 01912291386.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.