British International School Riyadh
(3-18, BSME, CIS, co-educational, English-medium school)
Principal: Chris Mantz M.Ed.
Do you want to be part of an exciting, innovative and rewarding learning environment with highly motivated students, excellent teachers and supportive parents?
TEACHER OF ENGLISH/EAL
The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school. We now seek to add to our team.
BISR is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced English/EAL teacher who will have responsibility for delivering EAL across the school as well as delivering English at Key Stage 3. English teaching is an essential part of this position and hence previous experience delivering the National Curriculum to Year 9 is essential.
EAL is part of the whole school Student Services Department. The EAL teaching position includes teaching students in small groups, cross-curricula class settings and 1:1. Supporting EAL provision across the school embraces promoting best practice in assessment and tracking student data as well as providing support and guidance to staff, students and parents.
The successful candidate will join a strong, hard-working team which is committed to achieving excellence and in which a creative approach to teaching and learning in English is strongly encouraged. Colleagues are supportive and there are good relationships between staff and students. They will be an excellent classroom practitioner, and be willing to support the Curriculum Leader in English as well as the Director of Student Services to build on the successes of the English and Student Services departments.
The successful candidate will:
- be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process:
- have experience of teaching the English National Curriculum at Key Stage 3;
- very competently fulfil all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department of Education in 2012;
- put students at the heart of the education process;
- fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
- commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
- be able to use ICT effectively as a teaching tool;
- believe in the values of international and inter-culturalism in an educational context;
- hold a recognised teaching qualification in EAL and have experience working in Key Stage 3 English;
- work collaboratively with the Director of Student Services and the English faculty;
- manage EAL provision, provide teacher support and initiate EAL focussed extra curricula activities;
- have an excellent understanding of the assessment and provision for EAL students. To apply, please follow the link: https://uptic.net/job/450
- and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines;
Closing date for all applications: Thursday 28th September 2017 at 10:00 (KSA)
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will require to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa