Hours per week: 0.6 FTE
As a new school within a highly aspirational and academically successful multi-academy Trust, Ealing Fields High School offers comprehensive CPD, exciting development opportunities and good promotion prospects for its teachers. The school, now in its fifth year, moved to its brand new permanent site in Northfields in September 2020.
The main purpose of this teaching role is to achieve outstanding examination results for all classes taught, to lead an outstanding tutor group within a pastoral year team and to promote the school’s ethos and vision through, for example, active engagement with the school’s house system.
This is an exciting role for enthusiastic teachers as we prepare our students for GCSE and beyond (the school’s first GCSEs will be in 2021). Our oldest Year group started Year 11 in September 2020 so this post is ideally suited to a teacher who is passionate about curriculum design and development, especially at KS4. The post-holder will be joining an innovative and energetic staff group that seeks to deliver an outstanding curriculum, and will be well supported by an experienced Senior Leadership Team.
- Exceptional professional development and career progression
- Positive working relationships at all levels
- A supportive Leadership Team
- A full-range of Trust services providing support and development.
The successful candidate will have:
- A good degree and Qualified Teacher Status
- Ability to teach English to GCSE
- Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum
- An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
- An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
- An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
- Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
- Energy and enthusiasm
- A commitment to the ethos of the school.
For more information about the school please see the Ealing Fields website, and for more information about the role please see the Job Description on the Twyford Trust website at https://twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies
Ealing Fields High School, Ealing
Ealing Fields High School was opened as a Free School in 2016, and became part of the Twyford CE Academies Trust on 1st September 2017. Ealing Fields is the smallest of the Trust schools, with only 120 in each Year Group and therefore has a very compact community identity. The school now has five Year Groups (7 - 11) totalling 600 students, and the staff community, though still small, is very positive and highly motivated. The school moved to its brand new permanent site in Northfields in September 2020.
How to apply
Please visit the Vacancies page of the Twyford Trust website http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies for more information about how to apply, and to download a Job Description, Application Form and Letter to Applicants.
Closing date: Tuesday 25 May 2021
Interview date: TBC
Applications must be submitted to HR/Recruitment at Twyford School by the closing date and time above. They can be posted to Twyford Church of England Academies Trust, c/o Twyford Church of England School, Twyford Crescent, Acton, London W3 9PP or emailed to email@example.com Please do not submit applications by fax.
The Twyford Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references from previous employers. For more information about the DBS please see https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check The post-holder will also be expected to read and adhere to the Trust’s Child Protection Policy, and any other Safeguarding documents stated within this.
Ealing Fields High School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years